In the wake of today’s closure of various businesses, we would like to reach out to you to remind you that health care is considered “essential” and we will not be closing our doors. Throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, we have enhanced our sterilization policy and followed social distancing and mask-wearing protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff. At SCENT, we believe that we can continue to offer a safe environment to meet the needs of our patients.
We would encourage you to continue to keep any scheduled appointments and not to delay any visits for new issues that may arise. We believe that our office environment is a safe one and there is, no doubt, a real toll to delaying health care.
Below is a list of policies we have enacted to ensure the safety of our staff and patients.
- All of our patients and staff are routinely screened for signs and symptoms including fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- All of our patients and staff are required to wear face coverings when in the office.
- We will continue to follow the enhanced social distancing protocol we implemented several weeks ago. While we anticipate having fewer patients in the waiting room, which has already been modified to accommodate social distancing, patients can also wait outside of the office or in their cars. We will notify patients when their appointment is ready.
- We will continue to follow the enhanced cleaning protocol we implemented several weeks ago. While we are always very concerned about the cleanliness of our office, please note that we have taken steps to increase the frequency and intensity with which we clean high-traffic areas.
- We will continue to restrict the number of people in the office by asking that patients come to their appointment alone or, when necessary, with only a single family member or caregiver.
- If you are experiencing symptoms that are worrisome for COVID 19, please do not come to the office. If you have an office visit that needs to be changed to a telemedicine appointment because you are not feeling well, there will be no penalty for the change.
As always, the safety of our patients and our staff is our primary concern. We believe that, by taking these precautions, we can safely care for our patients and prevent any problems caused by further delays in treatment. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us in the office. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Drs. Amoils, Vadapalli, Saadat, Friedman and the entire SCENT team